Hello :)

Hello :)
My awesome family members!!! Muackks!

Friday, February 28, 2014

Whisk, Outpost @ 1 Utama


Whisk, Outpost recommended by my friend saying that it is worth for a visit for their coffee.

Once I stepped my foot onto the entrance, fragrant of its sweet and bitter smell from the coffee just filled me excitement and hunger for a good cup of coffee !  



Some pictures of the surroundings...

( sorry, I promised when I have $$$ I will buy a proper camera >< ) 







Hey look at the menu !! One EXTRA shot of espresso were just RM1 !! :) 





Cold Brew Selection...






Varieties of cake, though were wondering why aren't the cakes in the cooler to retain its freshness >< 



My order this time were different, no more cafe mocha but Cold Brew Coffee ! :) 


Cold brew or cold press refers to the process of steeping coffee grounds in room temperature or cold water for an extended period.The cold-press process requires grinding: coarse-ground beans are soaked in water for a prolonged period of time, usually 12 hours or more. The water is normally kept at room temperature, but chilled water can also be used. The grounds must be filtered out of the water after they have been steeped using a paper coffee filter, a fine metal sieve, a French press or felt in the case of the Toddy system. The result is a coffee concentrate that is often diluted with water or milk, and can be served hot, over ice, or blended with ice and other ingredients such as chocolate. (Wikipedia)



Cold Brew Coffee-RM10

It was lovely :D 

Note that this is my first time trying Cold Brew Coffee and I like it very much.

Slight bitterness combine with fragrant from the coffee bean itself and milk. 

A perfect one for those who can't really stand the bitterness of coffee. 

Taste: 6.8/10 






Secondly, Flat White -RM 10

Less bitter taste from my usual Flat White from Butter + Beans

Overall Taste was good. 

Taste: 6.5/10


Note : I spoken to one of the barista and ask them what brand of milk they are using, they told me Farmhouse milk! Were happy to hear that, a good coffee needs to pair with a good quality milk  ! 

From real experience, Coffea @ The Curve uses Magnolia milk ( no offence, is a much cheaper milk)  the coffee turn out terrible >< 

good bean + good milk = WOW Effect ! 

Best Regards, 
Elena 


For more information : 

Facebook - Whisk

Address : 
G139, 1 Utama Shopping Centre, 1 , Lebuh Bandar Utama, Pj

Opening time : 
10am to 10pm daily

Tel: 
03 7722 1020


For Coffee Lovers !!


Here is my summary of 2014 (Jan -March) Coffee Review : 

Best Flat White : Butter + Beans @ Happy Mansion


Best Ice Mocha : Muhka Coffee @ TTDI

Best Cold Brew : Whisk, Outpost @ 1 Utama


*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. This review is time sensitive; changes may occur to the place later on that can affect this opinion. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from this place for writing the review.

No comments:

Post a Comment